Friday 2 March 2012

Erm, hi.

I disappeared. I don't have an excuse for it, I just did. I do have an excuse for being back and that's because I have to write my Proposal for my Dissertation. I'm having trouble with it right now so I thought I would blog. 

My first problem is that the Modern Languages Department at my University appear to have glorified our Dissertations. I don't even feel right calling it a Dissertation but for the fact it makes me sound like a normal student. It's only a 4000 word essay. That's all it is, is a long essay. Why the need for such pretentious titles?

They want me to create chapters for each point that I discuss practically. I don't see the point because each section will just be very small. 

My other problem is that I'm seeing problems in my own question. I guess those will be wrinkled out by the tutor when she tells me if I can or can't do this question. We'll see. 

I just wanted to complain, I guess. 

While I'm here, I should say that Toulouse is amazing with some pretty things to see. I've got trips planned to Carcasonne, Perpignan and Andorra. The latter for my Disseration work. 

I'll see you soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment