Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Sectrets of Nicolas Flamel

Hey guys, 

This may sound a little bit weird and given the title you're already feeling a little confused. Well the story here is that I bought a book in the pound shop equivalent here, which is called the 2€ shop. The book is called, as the title suggests, The Secrets of Nicolas Flamel.

It's written in French but I think it will make for an interesting read and also some good practice for my translation skills; so over the next few days or weeks (days if I don't find any Dissertation inspiration) you will be able to follow the secrets of Nicolas Flamel along with me as I translate them. 

I intend to post both the French version and my own translated version since I know that some people who follow this blog do study French and I'm open to queries on my translations and your own interpretations.

Learning is fun, you know? :)

The nerd in me is really excited in this project, and I suppose I have Cazz to think because I felt the need to reintroduce people to my nerdy self after reading her blog tonight. Thanks!

So, I'll see you soon to explore the secrets of Nicolas Flamel!

Kally x


4 comments:

  1. What happened to Stephen Fry??? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a silly name and it's not a year abroad blog anymore =/...
      I've just written a French blog because I was inspired by yours! =D

      Delete
    2. I thought it was a silly name and it's not a year abroad blog anymore =/...
      I've just written a French blog because I was inspired by yours! =D

      Delete
    3. Well, I'm glad I inspired you lol :) But I did like the old title...

      Delete